Learn how to tie a knot, but not just any old knot... a square lashing knot. You'll never have any troubles again tying nautical square lashing knots, thanks to this Marinews knot tie animated tutorial. You can learn by simply watching the knot tying animation at a moderate speed, or if need be, click on "learn by steps" to get step-by-step rope knot instructions for square lashing knots. How to make a knot is not the hard part, choosing the right fishing knots or rope knot is.
Square lashing is used to lash two poles together at right angles to one another. Square lashings are similar to diagonal lashing in formation although it is slightly stronger and a better option for load bearing spars, whereas diagonal lashing is better suited to cross bracing spars. Square lashing should be used when the two spars are in direct contact with each other. The strength of the lashing can be improved if care is taken to lay the wraps and fraps parallel to one another.
Rope knots can basically be divided into the following groups:
1. Bends - Joining two lines by intertwining them, without splicing, or sewing.
2. Hitches - A knot that secures a rope or line to another object.
3. Stopper – Used to bind strands at the end of a rope to stop fraying or unraveling. Also formed to stop a rope slipping through a hole or to provide a weight or handhold.
4. Bindings – Much like hitches. They are used to bind either lines or objects together. Their aim is to keep objects in place.
5. Splices – Describes the act of joining the ends, or the end and a standing part, of rope by interweaving strands. They are not knots in themselves.
6. Loops – Loops create structures used to tie, or secure, another object or line to another line. They can be formed at the end or midway a length of rope.
7. Plaits - Weaving several lines together to form a pattern and a cohesive structure.
8. Miscellaneous & Decorative – Knots that have decorative, dress or multiple category cha
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.