The Prusik knot is a great versatile outdoor knot, boating knot, or paddling knot, and is used widely throughout each. Mountain climbing is a big user of this knot. You can use this knot to secure a loop to a tight line. Also great for hitching boats.
A Prusik Knot forms a sling / loop that jams solidly on a tight line, but slides when not weighted. Mountaineers use this knot to form footholds to help them climb a vertical rope. The loop needs to be made in rope or cord that is at most half the diameter of the main line.
There are 3 basic steps to tying the Prusik. Check them out. Learn.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades