Half-hitches are great knots, but only when use in combination with other knots. By itself, a half-hitch is unsafe and unreliable, but when joined with other knots, can be quite the opposite. Tying two half hitch knots together is great for attaching a rope or line to any object. The half hitch and double half hitch are used throughout specialities, most notably as a boating knot, outdoor knot, and paddling knot.
Although the half hitch is knot in its own right, it is rarely used alone. Two half hitches can be use to tie a rope to a tree, boat or other object. It is often used in a supporting role, for example to increase the security of a primary knot. See how to tie both the single half hitch and the double.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades