This Butterfly knot will accommodate a load in any direction, and is used mostly in outdoor and boating situations, but also could be used as a paddling knot. It's used for securing a loop or many loops in the middle of a rope. Great for mountain climbing and canoeing.
Mountain climbers use the Butterfly knot for tying-in the middle climber when traveling three to a rope. Also useful for making non-slip loops in the middle of a rope to attach carabiners to provide purchase points for a winch line – essential in canoe rescue work. It can take a load in any of the three directions, independently or together. The knot can also be used to isolate a damaged section of a rope.
1. Twist the rope into the shape of an "8".
2. Fold the top down to the bottom...
3. And up and out through the lower opening in the 8.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades