LowkeeLT demonstrates how to patch a hole in a fiberglass boat hull. First, grind around the edge of the hole to make it smooth. Make an angle that goes towards the hull so that the resin won't get caught and create air pockets. Attach kitchen wax paper to the boat as a non-stick material for the poly resin to set against. Then, put down a flexible cutting board by duct taping the two layers on the outside of the hull and pulling it taut. Attach three layers of fiberglass strips with resin to the inside of the hull. Grade the sizes so the widest piece is on the inside of hull. Let it dry overnight. Tear off the wax paper and the cutting board. Add filler or sand the patch down, as necessary.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades